Helping carers back to work
1 in 4 carers have to give up work due to caring responsibilities and more than 50% of them want to restart their careers.
As employers, our Returners Programme offers you the opportunity to access a largely untapped pool of experienced and motivated individuals who have taken an extended career break to care for a family member and are keen to get back to their profession.
How the programme can benefit you
- Access to a pool of qualified and experienced returners to fill skills gaps
- The returners talent pool has a large number of women, which can help employers looking to ensure gender balance in the workplace
- Complimentary access to Working for Carers resources (average value £450 per annum). The Working for Carers website gives you all the resources you need to support the carers in your workforce. From templates and policies, to online training for your management team. For more information, visit our website or contact us.
- Carer Support Wiltshire will support returners to help make the transition back to employment smooth and successful
- Volunteering and mentoring opportunities for staff
How you can get involved
As a local employer, you can get involved in the Returners Programme in the following ways:
- List job vacancies on the portal – it’s free of charge and your job ad will reach an audience of skilled professionals who are focused on returning to work.
- Provide mentoring to returners. We’re matching mentors and returners based on industry or area of expertise (eg: HR, Marketing), so this is a great opportunity for your staff who want to give back – or develop their management skills.
- Volunteering opportunities for staff. These can range from reviewing and providing feedback on CVs and cover letters to delivering group training. In addition to giving your staff valuable development opportunities for career progression.